The Twisted Indian officially soft opens to the public on Tuesday, May 3, from 11am-6pm in the Grand Central District of St. Pete at 2639 Central Avenue, right next door to Casita Taqueria, and across the street from Bandit. This brick-and-mortar location for the food truck-turned-restaurant has been more than a year in the making. Lokesh first launched the Twisted Indian Food Truck back in 2015, and briefly took up residence inside Baum Avenue Market off of 11th Street and Central Avenue.
Twisted Indian’s restaurant is quaint in size. Several tables line the wall adorned with a brilliant blue and red mural by local artist, and SHINE muralist Jimmy Breen. The menu is akin to what you’ve come to love and adore from the mobile food concept. The Bollywood Bowl with Tofu Tikka Masala, and sensational Yogi Fries are must try items for first time visitors.
“When someone tries Indian food for the first time, and they really like it, we feel that we have accomplished our goal to introduce Indian food to the masses, making it more accessible and understandable,” said Lokesh Vale in an interview with I Love the ‘Burg. “My and my staff’s favorite is the Lamb Korma. You will often see us on the back eating it with naan.”
Lokesh was inspired to create while watching his father cook. Friends of his father who also operated restaurants helped guide Vale on his own small business journey.
“I like making people happy through food; it’s so simple and necessary. It is nice and fulfilling to facilitate a few moments of relaxation and happiness through food.”
What to read next:
- Capriotti’s brining massive cheesesteaks to Tampa Bay region
- St. Pete gem Thai Am celebrates 20 years of serving authentic Thai cuisine
- Gulfport’s Dog Pier Hot Dog Shop delivers indulgent delights
- Fried chicken restaurant King of the Coop now open in St. Pete
- Tampa Riverfest 2022 brings multi-day festival to Tampa Riverwalk
- Carrollwood’s first microbrewery opening this summer
- Artist renderings provide glimpse at the future of the Howard Frankland Bridge