Whether you’re escaping the elements on a rainy day or just staying out of the summer heat, there are plenty of fun indoor activities in St. Pete. From kid-friendly to adult-centered, and relaxing to interactive, this is our list of the best things to do indoors in St. Petersburg.
Hit one of St. Pete’s many museums and galleries
Featuring art, history and plenty more, the wide range of museums in The Burg could keep you occupied for an entire week, let alone just one rainy day. If it’s for the whole family, check out the Great Explorations Children’s Museum. For those with an appreciation for art, stop by the Dali Museum and its rotating exhibits. And for a deeper look into the realities of our past, the Florida Holocaust Museum is a meaningful, and incredibly well done experience.
- Dali Museum – 1 Dali Blvd, St. Petersburg FL
- Fairgrounds St. Pete – 800 28th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
- Museum of Fine Arts – 255 Beach Dr NE, St. Petersburg FL
- Imagine Museum – 1901 Central Ave, St. Petersburg FL
- James Museum of Western and Wildlife Art – 150 Central Ave, St. Petersburg FL
- Chihuly Collection – 720 Central Ave, St. Petersburg FL
- Morean Arts Center – 719 Central Ave, St. Petersburg FL
- Florida Holocaust Museum – 55 5th St S, St. Petersburg FL
Stop in for a craft beer at a brewery
When it comes to avoiding the elements, St. Pete’s many breweries provide a hoppy oasis for a cold drink. With games, live music and a full kitchen in a massive warehouse, family-friendly 3 Daughters Brewing is a favorite for escaping the rain. If you’re downtown and need a quick respite from the elements, Cycle Brewing, St. Pete Brewing and Overflow Brewing all offer easy access to AC and a great beer. For somewhere dog-friendly, stop by PAW (Pinellas Ale Works).
Check out our full guide to all of the best breweries in St. Pete and find the one that works best for you (spoiler: they’re all great).
Catch Some Live Music, Show or Movie
- Floridian Social Club is a beautifully restored art-deco theatre that hosts multiple shows per week
- Ruby’s Elixir also has daily live music from 7:30pm-2am in an intimate setting
- Ringside Cafe recently re-opened in a new location
- Check out the lineup at The Mahaffey Theatre to catch a show
- AMC Sundial is located in the heart of downtown St. Pete
- CMX Cinemas has insanely comfortable seats, great food and a full bar
Let your inner athlete shine
Whether you’re getting your sweat on or just watching others work, there are plenty of options for something a little more on the active side of things:
- Check to see if the Rays are in town to catch an indoor game at The Trop
- Jungle Gym Ninja – a parkour gym with classes and open gym time for adults
- Vertical Ventures – a huge indoor rock climbing center in the heart of St. Pete
- Hatchet Hangout – try axe throwing at this massive indoor hangout
- Right Around The Corner – a laid back brewery with old school card and arcade games
- Get a couple rounds of bowling in at Sunrise Lanes or Ten Pin Lanes in Pasadena
Get in touch with your artistic side
Get your hands dirty with some of these great arts & crafts activities in St. Pete:
Nourish the body & soul
- The Body Electric Yoga and Athletic Companies – yoga and fitness classes for all levels
- Maison Glo – treat yo’ self to a facial or one of tons of other skin treatments
- Sun State Yoga – a smaller studio with a large appeal, offering hot yoga dozens of hot yoga classes each week
- St. Pete Salt Works – give your body a break by floating in these serene salt pools
Indoor activities for kids in St. Pete
Do you have little ones who need to get some energy out even when it’s gloomy? Here’s a list of kid friendly indoor activities for the rare St. Pete days when you need to escape the elements.
- Great Explorations Children’s Museum – the largest children’s museum in St. Pete
- Romp n’ Roll St. Pete – indoor kids play classes for all ages
- Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center – a small, but fun indoor aquarium & learning center at the St. Pete Pier
Practically Pikasso – Pottery painting for all ages
- SkyZone Clearwater – massive trampoline park only about 30 minutes from St. Pete
- Jungle Gym Ninja – a parkour gym with classes for kids
Treasure Island Fun Center – indoor arcade and fun house open daily
- Fairgrounds St. Pete is a mesmerizing indoor art experience that will keep your kids busy for at least a couple hours
And for those willing to cross the bridge, the Florida Aquarium is a fantastic indoor activity that will keep your kiddos occupied for hours!