Cluck-cluck, y’all. This Friday is National Chicken Wing Day, and 3 Daughters Brewing is hosting its annual Chicken Wing Festival and Competition to celebrate the occasion.
While the brewery will be open all day, the deep-fried deliciousness runs from 6-10 pm, as six of the bay’s best food trucks will be duking it out with specialty chicken wings and all the sides and fixins. Each of the six trucks will also be serving their full regular menu (though obviously the wings take center stage) and will set up in the parking lot of 3 Daughters and the Five Deuces Galleria. Attendance is free, with food available for purchase individually from each truck.
The featured food trucks include several I Love the Burg favorites, each of whom have created a specialty wing (or two) for the occasion. Eaters can purchase wings a la carte or as a full order, and then cast their vote at the bar for the favorite. The winner will be crowned the 8th Annual Chicken Wing Challenge Champion. Participating food trucks:
- Maggie On The Move: Greek wings (tossed in butter, lemon juice, oregano, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce), Thai Wings (Thai chili, Sriracha and brown sugar), Old Bay wings (tossed in butter and Old Bay)
- Who Datz Food & Catering: Wings dry rubbed and smoked with oak and pecan, tossed in your choice of Sikver and Smoke Raz Q, lemon pepper, or Beard B Q white sauce
- The Shawarma King: Shawarma spiced wings smoked over apple and cherry wood, served with garlic aioli and tzatziki sauce
- Just 1 Taste of STL: Signature housemade St. Louis-style breaded and seasoned wings
- Funnel Vision: Blueberry chipotle BBQ wings
- Yak’s Food Obsession: Yak XO Wings- fried wings dipped in an XO Cognac base sauce
And be sure to stick around after your meal(s) for a show by Almost There Band on the 3 Daughters stage from 8-11 as they bring their entertaining high-energy show to the brewery. 3 Daughters Brewing is located at 222 22nd Street South.
What to read next:
- St. Pete’s biggest EDM festival brings a celebration of music and art this Saturday
- A new country bar is coming to St. Pete’s Grand Central District
- Brews, Bands and Buds brings a big-time beer festival to Ferg’s this July
- Beers on the Pier returns to Museum of History this Saturday with unlimited sampling