We love the Burg AND we love the beach. Luckily those loves aren’t mutually exclusive. We’re in the luckiest spot by being close to TWO of the best beaches in America, according to TripAdvisor.
Coming in at #1 (beating out the beaches in Hawaii!!) is Clearwater Beach. Why? Well, Frenchy’s restaurant probably had a lot to do with it. This seafood and cocktail mecca is a lightning rod for praise. The white sand beach, tons of funky shops, local art, and long continuous pedestrian paths along the waterfront also set it apart from most vacation destinations. Plus, the water is warm pretty much year round. Yay for an endless summer.
Clearwater Beach voted #1 Beach in the U.S. by @TripAdvisor, again! And St. Pete Beach #4! 😎☀️🌴 Thank you for loving us, two year’s in a row! 💙🤗
2019 Travelers’ Choice Awards ➡️ https://t.co/qwMdOWvkav #LiveAmplified #AmericasBestBeaches pic.twitter.com/TzAOpMRSJl
— St. Pete/Clearwater (@VSPC) February 26, 2019
St. Pete Beach ranks in the top 5
Coming in just below that at #4 is St. Pete Beach. What’s not to love? Get a grouper sandwich for under $5 at Shaner’s, enjoy a stay (or just a drink) at the kitschy and fun Post Card Inn, speed down the inflatable slides at the TradeWinds resort, or follow the sounds of guitars to any of the local beach dives offering live music nightly.
It also neighbors our personal favorite escape, Pass-A-Grille Beach, home to the Hurricane, Paradise Grill and Shaner’s (arguably the best spot for a grouper sandwich in the area).
— I Love the Burg! (@iLovetheBurg) December 6, 2015
The full list of America’s best beaches
Here’s the list of the top 10 beaches in America. What’s your favorite?
1. Clearwater Beach, Clearwater, Florida
2. Ka’anapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii
3. Panama City Beach, Panama City Beach, Florida
4. Saint Pete Beach, St. Pete Beach, Florida
5. Pensacola Beach, Pensacola Beach, Florida
6. Siesta Beach, Siesta Key, Florida
7. Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area, Puako, Hawaii
8. St. Augustine Beach, Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
9. Fort Lauderdale Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
10. Driftwood Beach, Jekyll Island, Georgia