4 proposals make the final cut for the future of the Tropicana Field Site in St. Petersburg, Florida.
At the start of 2021,The proposals for the massive Tropicana Field Site were released. Now, the city has narrowed it down to just 4:
- Midtown Development
- Portman Holdings, Third Lake Partners
- Sugar Hill Community Partners, JMA Ventures
- Unicorp National Development
The city has made available a public comment forum for residents to provide feedback on the designs and development selection process. Click HERE to give feedback.
Spanning 86 acres of publicly-owned land nestled in the heart of the Sunshine City, The Tropicana Field site represents a development opportunity unlike any other in the Southeast.
The City of St. Petersburg has dedicated a minimum of $75 million for infrastructure development of the site with plans to partner with a development team to create a multi-use city center that reflects the diverse and rich culture of St. Petersburg and adheres to principals developed through community engagement, including Smart Cities, sustainability, and a healthy community.
In the last decade, St. Pete has experienced an exhilarating renaissance. Recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing cites and named one of the top places to start and grow a business – St. Pete’s economic indicators strengthen each year. This development opportunity comes on the heels of the completion of the highly anticipated, world-class, $93 million St. Pete Pier project. The Tropicana Field site presents endless possibilities to take this city on the rise to the next level.
There are three ways for residents to provide input regarding the proposals leading up to the final development partner being selected:
- Attend a public meeting. There will be a virtual meeting and two in-person meetings. Social distancing guidelines will be in place and masks will be required for in-person meetings. Meeting dates are as follows, details to come:
- Visit a showroom. There will be immersive showrooms located throughout the city that are equipped with executive summaries of the proposals, renderings, and the ability to leave your input. Details to come.
- Leave a comment online at stpete.org/trop
Community feedback will be collected until the final ribbon is cut on the Tropicana Field redevelopment. Input collected during this shortlist period will be provided to Mayor Rick Kriseman to inform a final development partner selection later this year.