Want to meet the next big thing in the Burg? St. Pete Pitch Night is back on Wednesday, June 21 at 5:30 pm, hosted by the St. Petersburg Greenhouse and taking place at Coastal Creative, 2201 1st Avenue South.
This interactive and always interesting event is a celebration of all things entrepreneurial in St. Pete. Dozens of community-based businesses applied to compete in the event, and five finalists were selected to vie for the $5,000 grand prize. Starting at 5:30 pm on June 21, each business will have the opportunity to present their innovative business pitch to the crowd, followed by a live Q&A session with local expert judges.
The grand prize winner will take home $5,000 to use on their business, while another lucky entrepreneur will take home the $500 audience choice award. Admission to event at Coastal Creative is free and festivities are expected to run from 5:30-7:30 pm.
The inspiration behind the Greenhouse’s St. Pete Pitch Night comes from a desire for showcasing, elevating and seeding community-based businesses through a friendly pitch competition for a chance to win $5,000 toward a local startup. Businesses selected for entry (full list below) are required to be scalable and/or innovative concepts that have been in business for four years or less.
The five presenters offer a variety of services.
- BUP – The company provides digital business cards, helping to save time and money while ensuring you never miss a connection opportunity.
- Care Collective – Care Collective is a start-up, on-demand caregiving marketplace platform, connecting to those who need care with those who are ready to provide it.
- Herban Flow – Launched earlier this year, Herban Flow is a non-alcoholic bottle shop, providing alternative options to alcohol with an extensive variety of beverages, NA spirits, and more.
- OneBook – OneBook is an iOS and Android app built for local service professionals to advertise their booking availability to customers.
- Spot – Operating in double-digit cities throughout Florida, this Fitness-based app connects users with places to go, things to do, and people to meet, all aligning with their active interests.
Learn more about St. Pete Pitch Night and The St. Petersburg Greenhouse here.