The ‘Burg’s 26-acre waterfront playground will officially open on July 6 at 5pm. It won’t be a grand celebration, but rather a subtle debut offering residents the chance to safely explore the massive waterfront playground. The city has just begun testing gorgeous purple lighting on the Echelman installation. The Pier Tram Car has made test runs up and down the Pier expanse as well.
The Pier includes a gorgeous playground, a splash pad, a revitalized spa beach, several food and drink options (the Pier is wet zoned by the way), and ample green space to lounge at a safe distance. Now all you have to do is make a reservation to enter.
Echelman Art Installation | Photo by Ysanne Taylor
Make your reservation to visit the Pier
Reservations are limited depending on the day and time to maintain capacity and optimal social distancing. You may enter at any time between the time shown on your reservation. i.e. a July 6 5pm to 6pm reservation will allow you to enter at any time on July 6 between 5pm and 6pm
You can make a reservation that will be good for you and a plus-one OR for a family that will be good for up to six individuals (all individuals must be in the same household). If you have a reservation to a restaurant on the Pier, just show that reservation at the gate.
CLICK HERE to make your reservation.
The new Spa Beach Park | Photo by Ysanne Taylor
Safety measures at the new St. Pete Pier
See a list of precautionary measures that the city is putting in place to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- Ten (10) touch-free hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the Pier District
- ‘Six (6) feet’ Social Distancing signage will be provided for the Marketplace and other various locations throughout the District
- Maximum Occupancy load of ‘Four (4) persons max’ signage provided for Pier Head elevators
- Personal hygiene and hand washing signage will be provided for Pier Head & Pavilion public restrooms
- Pier restaurants and cafes are strongly encouraged to follow guidelines for Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association
- We will be adhering to all CDC guidelines and recommendations as they change
- Guests are required to wear cloth face coverings/masks where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, such as The Discovery Center, Restaurants, etc. All other areas of the St. Pete Pier, we strongly encourage visitors to wear cloth face coverings/masks.
- We strongly encourage guests to remain home if they are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19
- St. Pete Pier amenities and restaurants will be in compliance with existing and future state, county, and municipal orders.