We always knew there were tons of great places to eat in St. Pete, and now the Sunshine City has the Yelp rankings to prove it. The restaurant review site just released its list of the top 100 restaurants in Florida in 2022, and four St. Pete staples made the list, plus one St. Pete Beach favorite and a total of 20 throughout Tampa Bay.
To compile the rankings, Yelp says they “identified businesses in the restaurants category, then ranked those spots using a number of factors, including the total volume and ratings of reviews between January 1, 2017, and April 13, 2022.” You can find the full list of St. Pete and Tampa Bay restaurants on the list below.
According to Yelp’s ranking system, the best restaurant in St. Pete is … drumroll, please … Mio’s Grill and Café, the Turkish and Greek restaurant in downtown, which checked in at No. 14 overall. The popularity appears to be universal, as Mio’s also has an impressive 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google, with more than 600 ratings. This follows a fast-casual trend throughout the country, exhibited by a fellow Top-100 ranker in St. Pete, Pacific Counter, one of our favorites for sushi, bowls, hot dogs and more.
The highest ranking restaurant in the Tampa Bay area was South Tampa’s The Mediterranean Chickpea, checking in at No. 7. It certainly appears we love Mediterranean here in the bay. The full list of area restaurants making the cut is listed here.
St. Pete restaurants in the Top 100
- No. 14: Mio’s Grill & Café
- No. 21: German Knodle
- No. 36: Café Soleil (St. Pete Beach)
- No. 51: Uptown Eats
- No. 83: Pacific Counter
Other Tampa Bay restaurants in the Top 100
- No. 7: The Mediterranean Chickpea (Tampa)
- No. 15: Pure Kitchen Organic (Tampa)
- No. 22: Antoine’s Restaurant (Sarasota)
- No. 34: Chicago Paulie’s (Tampa)
- No. 39: Healthy N Fresh Café (Tampa)
- No. 41: Chateau 13 Restaurant and Wine Bar (Bradenton)
- No. 49: German Bistro 2 (Largo)
- No. 52: Marlene’s Original Breakfast Sandwich (Tampa)
- No. 56: Kpicu (Clearwater)
- No. 69: Flan Factory (Tampa)
- No. 80: Veggie Thai Café (Largo)
- No. 84: La Dolce Vita (Sarasota)
- No. 88: Wright’s Gourmet House (Tampa)
- No. 93: Kombo Kitchen (Tampa)
- No. 97 Tortellino Bistrot (Sarasota)
You can read Yelp’s full breakdown of each restaurant (and explore the rest of the state) in their story here.
What to read next:
- Karma Juice Bar and Eatery brings feel good food to new 4th Street location
- Chelsea’s Cashew Creamery, a vegan ice cream shop, opens in Dunedin
- St. Pete’s Shiso Crispy food truck to be featured on the Food Network
- Jay Luigi brings 5-star Roman-, and NY-style pizza to St. Pete