Red Ribbon Bakeshop is one of the most celebrated Filipino bakeries in the country. Their legendary ube cake is a transfixing shade of purple that will tantalize your taste buds and your eyes in equal measure. It’s set to debut a brand new location in Pinellas Park right next door to Jollibee on November 12 at 4053 Park Boulevard North.
The Pinellas Park store marks the brand’s first location in Florida and its 34th store to open in the U.S. Red Ribbon Bakeshop will be open seven days a week, from 8am–9pm daily. While Red Ribbon is best known for its selection of great-tasting, beautifully crafted cakes – a special occasion “must have” for most Filipinos – it also features an irresistible line-up of both sweet and savory pastries that can be enjoyed every day.
Red Ribbon Bakeshop is a go-to for the holidays
“Red Ribbon’s delicious cakes and pastries are what make holidays, family gatherings, and special occasions feel complete for many of our Filipino customers,” said Agnes Briones, Business Unit Head, Red Ribbon Bakeshop, Inc. “We love knowing that our delicious treats play even a small role in bringing people together, and we are excited to bring our unique take on traditional Filipino bakery favorites to Tampa Bay’s close-knit Filipino community, as well as introduce curious newcomers to our delicious offerings.”
While the Pinellas Park location features café-style seating for those who want to enjoy their Red Ribbon bakery treats right on the spot, customers can also enjoy their Red Ribbon baked goods through a variety of ordering options, including to-go, or through the following online channels: the Red Ribbon ordering app (available for download at the App Store and Google Play), the Red Ribbon website (redribbonbakeshop.us) and the DoorDash delivery platform.
Founded in the Philippines more than 40 years ago, Red Ribbon’s sweet success story began with a single mission: to create delicious and beautiful cakes that make every family celebration truly special. Since then, the bakery brand has expanded its offerings to include both single-serve dessert items and an array of sweet and savory pastry treats intended for everyday snacking.
What to try when you visit the Filipino bakery
Want to know what you need to try when you visit? The Red Ribbon Bakeshop team has assembled a delicious list of sweet snacks to whet your appetite:
- Black Forest Cake – This one’s for the chocoholics! Layers of liqueur-moistened chocolate cake, brimming with maraschino cherries and cream, rich chocolate shavings and chocolate curls.
- Mocha Flan – The perfect combination of cake and custard. This rich mocha chiffon cake is topped with delicious, creamy leche flan.
- Butter Mamon – This exquisite pastry provides the perfect combination of moist chiffon and 100% butter for a melt-in-your-mouth treat. Not too sweet and delightfully tender, it’s the all-time favorite of loyal Red Ribbon fans.
- Cheesy Ensaimada – Red Ribbon’s signature pastry offers soft, moist bread topped with butter, sugar, and cheesy deliciousness for the perfect sweet and savory flavor combination.
- Mango Supreme Cake – The dessert that put Red Ribbon on the map. This signature product is made with the Philippines’ best mangoes, which many consider to be the sweetest in the world. It features three layers of moist white chiffon cake filled with white cream and a golden, mango-filled glaze. It is finished with additional mango chunks and topped with a maraschino cherry.
- Ube Overload Cake – This iconic Filipino confection is known for its vibrant purple hue. Its unique coloring comes from its star ingredient: real Philippine ube halaya, or purple yam, which is a native root crop that is a sweeter and more colorful version of taro. The cake is finished with a delectable white cream frosting and bright purple ube cake crumbs.
Red Ribbon Bakeshop, 4053 Park Boulevard North
The first visitors to the store will also receive special prizes. Here’s the full opening message from the team behind the concept:
“Come early and win FREE Cakes and Pastries! The FIRST 50 customers who spend at least $40 on Friday, Nov 12, will receive “One Year of Sweetness,” entitling them to a cake roll of their choice every month for one year. On both Friday and Saturday, the FIRST 100 customers who spend over $40 will receive FREE bundles of six Butter Mamons.”
What to read next: