Want to meet the next big thing in the Burg? St. Pete Pitch Night is back on Tuesday, May 17th, hosted by the St. Petersburg Greenhouse and taking place at 3 Daughters Brewing.
This interactive and always interesting event is a celebration of all things entrepreneurial in St. Pete. 26 community-based businesses applied to compete in this spring’s event, and five finalists were selected to vie for the $5,000 grand prize. Starting at 5:30 pm on May 17, each business will have the opportunity to present their innovative business pitch to the crowd, followed by a live Q&A session with local expert judges.
The grand prize winner will take home $5,000 to use on their business, while another lucky entrepreneur will take home the $500 audience choice award. Admission to event at 3 Daughters is free and festivities are expected to run from 5:30-7:30 pm.
The inspiration behind the Greenhouse’s St. Pete Pitch Night comes from a desire for showcasing, elevating and seeding community-based businesses through a friendly pitch competition for a chance to win $5,000 toward a local startup. Businesses selected for entry (full list below) are required to be scalable and/or innovative concepts that have been in business for four years or less.
The five presenters offer a variety of services.
- Fungible Chocolates – The company infuses Peruvian cacao with mushroom powder to create adaptogenic delights designed to ease mind and body.
- MetArena – This company takes an inclusive approach to esports, providing an easy and positive way for communities and companies to engage using gaming and esports.
- AppyHour, INC – Using app-based technology, AppyHour connects local bars and restaurants to the right consumers, helping guests find great deals and supporting local business in the process.
- Shamrck – This startup helps students find the right careers, then connects them to the best training and sets them up with hands-on experience.
- Swingin Stix – A matchmaking app for golfers, this app allows golfers to customize their pairings based on common interests and make new friends.
Learn more about St. Pete Pitch Night and The St. Petersburg Greenhouse here.
What to read next:
- Tacos & Tequila Fest brings 30+ food trucks and distilleries to Vinoy Park
- Last chance for locals to see works of Picasso at The Dali
- AC Hotel to open this summer, bringing rooftop bar and Spanish tapas to Clearwater Beach
- Elegant rosé festival celebrates all things pink this May