The city’s biggest celebration of all things St. Pete is right around the corner, with Localtopia 2023 scheduled for this Saturday, February 18 in Williams Park. The gigantic event is part local market, part food festival, and part concert, as hundreds of makers and musicians, restaurants and food trucks, artists and vendors will take over downtown.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Localtopia, and organizer Keep St. Pete Local says this will be the event’s biggest year ever in celebration of the decade mark. More than 300 independent businesses and community organizations will be a part of this year’s festivities.
The annual event attracts thousands every February, and for two years running it has been named the Best Festival in Tampa Bay by Tampa Bay Times voters. Action begins at 10 am and runs until 5 pm, and the family-friendly event is completely free to attend. Pets are not allowed on the grounds at Localtopia.
As previous festival-goers know, Localtopia spreads well beyond the park, taking over the streets surrounding Williams Park, as well. Of note for the hungry and thirsty, 4th Street and 2nd Avenue North will be home to food trucks and beer tents, with dozens lining the street. Also be on the lookout for live performances scattered throughout, as well as live music on stage and DJs in the mix.
From organizers, here’s a list of what to expect. Learn more on their website.
- Makers and merchants: art & handcrafted goods, artisanal + plant-based food & beverages, body/self-care, books, clothing & accessories, home decor, jewelry, pet, plants & plant-based products, vintage, vinyl & much more!
- Villages in Williams Park: Arts Village | Family Village | Health & Wellness Village | #AllThingsPlants Village
- Eat, drink & play local on the streets of St. Pete:
- 4th Street: Food Truck Rally Alley
- 2nd Avenue (from 2nd to 4th Streets): more food trucks + restaurants
- + Food & drink vendors
- + “Local thirst stations” selling local beer in cans & canned wine
- + “Draft beer central”: local breweries pouring their own brews + 2 draft beer trucks (corner of 2nd Ave & 3rd St)
- 3rd Street (from 1st to 3rd Avenues): boutiques | vendors on wheels | more artists & artisans + collectives | gourmet food | home decor | DJs | literary corner | street fun
- Live local music on the Williams Park Bandstand + 3 DJs on the streets
- Street performances + engaging activities for all ages, free demos & crafts, live screen printing, and more surprises!