Thinking about starting a business? The St. Pete Greenhouse is here to help. Applications are open through September 4th for the eight-week Entrepreneurial Academy. The intensive course meets every Monday night for three-hour sessions that teach existing and aspiring entrepreneurs the essentials of starting and owning a business.
The 2023 Fall Cohort begins on September 11th, and a handful of spots still remain for interested applicants. With a combination of subject-matter experts, direct mentoring, coaching opportunities, pitch practice, and timely content, the Entrepreneurial Academy highlights the fundamentals of launching and growing a business. Applications can be submitted here.
The program is invaluable for businesses at any stage, from guiding startups in their first years of operation to supporting established businesses looking to grow within their chosen industries. The weekly content is practical, applied and resource-rich. Over eight weeks, students have an opportunity to learn through compelling stories of entrepreneurship, resilience and innovation.
What The Entrepreneurial Academy includes:
- 8-week curriculum taught by local business leaders
- 1 year membership for your business to the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- 12-Month Starter Coworking Membership to COhatch Coworking space
- All participants will be invited to take an Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile® (EMP) – Eckerd College assessment
Learn the ins and outs of starting and running a business
Topics in the Entrepreneurial Academy’s curriculum include: customer segments and value proposition; cost structures and being bankable; business research and planning; and marketing – how to get and keep your customers, among much more.
In a recent blog post, the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce outlined five of the biggest reasons to enroll in the course.
- You have been working on a fantastic business idea and are ready to build a legit business.
- Your side hustle isn’t so much on the side anymore.
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and ready to take the leap.
- Your hobby is taking over your house and everyone wants what you are creating.
- Your small business is ready to go next level, but you are overwhelmed by what that means.
The course runs September 11th – October 30th and classes will be held at The Greenhouse every Monday from 6-9 pm. Learn more about the Entrepreneurial Academy and enroll in the fall cohort here.