It’s a new year, and whether that means a new you or the same you, it definitely means new vacations. Sometimes we want to go somewhere different with mountains or snow, and sometimes we want to sip cocktails on a sunny beach – just not the one we live by.
Whatever the draw, and whatever your reason for traveling, St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) has more than 60 non-stop routes on its flight list across America and Canada, and a lot of them are pretty good deals, too. You can check out the full list here, but these are some of the highlights. And while you’re at the airport, you can also get local goodies and drinks from Mazzaro’s and 3 Daughters Brewing at their new locations.
From mountains and beer to BBQ and bourbon, these 15 destinations provide the perfect getaways for an easy trip from St. Pete.
- Asheville, North Carolina – The mountain city famous for its glut of breweries and hiking trails is a great weekend trip, and you can get there for as low as $59 on Allegiant.
- Bangor, Maine – OK, so this flight mostly exists to get people out of Maine in the winter, not into it, but if you’re determined to see some snow, the North Woods are waiting.
- Bentonville or Fayetteville, Arkansas – For the outdoorsy types, Northwest Arkansas is one of the most underrated places around with its beautiful hills, lakes, caves and forests.
- Chattanooga, Tennessee – Can’t decide between Asheville or Nashville? Chattanooga gives you a bit of both with great restaurants and nightlife amid gorgeous mountain scenery.
- Chicago, Illinois – One of America’s best cities is two-and-a-half hours away from our airport, and you can get there for under 100 bucks if you pick the right weekend. Read our story about it for some inspiration.
- Greenville, South Carolina – One of the most underrated mid-size southern cities, Greenville is a cheaper and less crowded version of many of the big staples, and you can get there for under 70 bucks.
- Kansas City, Missouri – BBQ, BBQ and more BBQ, plus there are live sports almost year round with NFL and MLB teams.
- Key West, Florida – You know the deal here, and with prices as low as $70 for some flights, it’s much cheaper than making the drive.
- Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville is a beautiful, old city (we wrote about it here) and it’s also the perfect hub for those interested in doing the Bourbon Trail.
- Memphis, Tennessee – The home of the blues is also the home of some of the best BBQ in the country, and speaking of homes – Graceland (Elvis’ former mansion) is a must-visit in Memphis.
- Nashville, Tennessee – Bachelorette trip, anyone?
- Omaha, Nebraska – We know, the first place that comes to mind when you think of vacation isn’t “Nebraska!”, but Omaha in the summer (especially during the College World Series in June) is a fantastic place to be.
- Provo, Utah – The farthest west you can get direct from PIE, Provo is a small mountain town bursting with hospitality and relaxing vibes.
- Toronto, Ontario – The most populous city in Canada is home to award-winning restaurants, museums, art galleries, breweries, distilleries and tons of open green spaces spread throughout each neighborhood.