If your New Year’s Resolution has you looking for something a little more interactive – and a little less calorie dense – The Dali Museum is coming through for you this January. In honor of the 40th anniversary of its opening in 1982, tickets to the museum are only $19.82 (regular price $29) from now until January 28th for Pinellas and Hillsborough County residents.
This deal gives locals a chance to see the largest collection of Dali’s works outside of his home country of Spain, as well as interactive experiences, other galleries and the museum’s beautiful architecture and garden. Online reservations are required, and a local ID must be presented upon check-in for the discounted price.
Additionally, The Dali Museum announced it is participating in a nationwide program to offer affordable museum access to children and adults who couldn’t otherwise visit. Through Museums For All, those receiving food assistance (SNAP benefits) can gain free or reduced admission to more than 700 museums throughout the United States simply by presenting their EBT card. Tickets are $3 for adults and free for children 5 and under, with free parking at The Dali Museum as long as spots are available.
Exhibits and experiences at The Dali currently include the following, according to thedali.org
- Discover The Dalí’s permanent collection of Salvador Dalí’s works spanning his entire artistic career.
- The virtual reality experience has returned! Enjoy the remarkable marriage of art and technology in Dreams of Dalí, as you explore Dalí’s painting Archaeological Reminiscence of Millet’s “Angelus.”
- Experience Dalí’s Masterworks in Augmented Reality (AR) via The Dalí Museum app.
- Hear from a reimagined Dalí on Dalí Lives screens throughout the Museum (even take a selfie with him!).
- Have a taste of Spanish-themed food & beverages at Café Gala; enjoy the Avant-garden including the beloved Wish Tree; and shop hundreds of Dalí-inspired items in the Museum Store.