Keep the funk alive, St. Pete! The Sunshine City has won Best Of The Bay 2 years running, so let's do it again. Need convincing? We thought you'd never ask.
1. #instaBURG, with 36,000+ hashtags on Instagram, it's an infinite feed of sunshine, palm silhouettes, puppies, kittens and local love! You won't find an IGers community like ours anywhere else.
2. Localtopia, an event unlike any other, is our vote for the Best Change in Tampa Bay Since Last Year's Reader's Poll celebrating all things local from food and music to craft and locally carved furniture. The Crew over at Keep Saint Petersburg Local put on one hell of a show which gives them our vote for Best Local Non-Profit too!
3. LIST THIS!: St. Pete has the 2nd largest waterfront parks system in the country; one of the largest Holocaust Museums in the world; the largest collection of Dali's work in the world; is ranked in the top 10 beaches in the U.S. by TripAdvisor ; Best Midsize Arts City 3 years running; and is acclaimed as a foodie haven from several national publications… phew!
Photo by TripAdvisor
Photo by Green Bench
5. Our food is now going from farm-to-fork! Yum!
Photo by Rococo Steak
Photo by Schoolyard Skate
7. Eckerd, St. Pete's waterfront college, hosts NY Times bestsellers every winter. Authors such as Stephen King, Andre Dubus III, Daniel Woodrell, Dennis Lehane, Elie Wiesel and Tim O'Brien have all flown out to enjoy and enlighten the Burg. Yep.
7. The Burg is host to the largest PRIDE Celebration in the southeast. Not even Miami can compare!
Photo by Amsterdam
8. The Burg's skyline is about to become a mini-Manhattan with 8 new high rise and luxury apartment/condo complexes! Not to mention a planned Museum of Arts & Crafts slated to be the BIGGEST museum in the Bay area.
Render by Alfonso Arch.
Render by Bliss
Photo via New York Times
10. Most importantly!!!… The Burg has the most original, largest and longest running hyper-local news source in Tampa Bay! Please keep St. Pete for Best City and I Love The Burg for Best Facebook Page and Best Website for another year…
Vote here now and make it a St. Pete sweep! Don't wait…just do it!